Our SEND Information Report
Our SEND Information Report
Welcome to our SEND pages, providing information on the support we provide for students who have Special Educational Needs or Disabilities. We hope you will enjoy reading about the variety of ways in which Clapton Girls' Academy is able to support students with additional needs to reach their full potential.
At Clapton Girls' Academy we believe that every child matters and during their journey with us we will ensure that they are happy, safe and enjoy their learning. If at any time problems arise, they will be dealt with promptly and in partnership with students and their parents.
We are committed to ensuring that all students make excellent progress through high quality teaching and learning and our broad and balanced curriculum offer. Some students may also be involved in additional small group support (before and after school) and additional help during the school day, individually or in a small group, focusing on specific needs.
We offer a warm, nurturing learning environment to all our students and have a staff team dedicated to supporting vulnerable students. We actively encourage parents to get involved in students’ learning and in academy life generally. In order to ensure effective person-centred support, all our SEND students have an identified key person who is the main link for their family at the Academy. We are proactive in ensuring that all students attend school and that any barriers to attendance are effectively overcome.
If your child has a special educational need or disability and you would like to know more about what we offer at Clapton Girls' Academy, please contact us on 0208 985 6641 or email the SENCo, Ann English at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on particular aspects of our SEND offer click the links below:
- What support does Clapton Girls’ Academy offer students with SEND and their parents?
- Who are the SEND support team at Clapton Girls’ Academy?
- How do I access SEND support for my daughter at Clapton Girls’ Academy?
- How can I let the staff at Clapton Girls' Academy know that I have a question or am concerned about my daughter’s progress?
- How is extra support allocated to students?
- How are the staff at Clapton Girls' Academy helped to work with SEND students and what training do they have?
- How will teaching be adapted to meet my daughter’s learning needs?
- How will Clapton Girls' Academy measure the progress of my daughter? How will I know about this?
- How does Clapton Girls' Academy support students when they are moving between key stages or teaching groups or moving to a new school/college?
- What support is currently on offer to disabled students at Clapton Girls’ Academy?
- If my child has medical needs, how will they be supported?
- What training do staff have to support students with medical needs?
- Who has responsibility for students with medical needs?
- Who are the other people providing services to students with SEND at Clapton Girls' Academy?
- What transport is available to students at Clapton Girls’ Academy?
- Where can I find a glossary of SEND key terms?
- Where can I find a copy of the Clapton Girls' Academy Inclusion/SEND policy?
- Where can I find information about wider SEND provision in Hackney?